The Following Yoga Asanas Can Be Practiced In Hypothyroidism Treatment:
- Shoulder Stand (Sarvangasana) is the most recommended posture in this condition. It stimulates the thyroid gland to function properly because of the pressure effect and also helps stimulate other glands in the head region, such as pituitary and pineal glands, which also have an indirect control on the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Inverted Pose (Viparitakarani)
- One-legged Forward Bend (Janu Shirasasana)
- Fish Pose (Matsyasana)
- Plow Pose (Halasana)
- Cat Stretch (Marjariasana)
- Fast-paced Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar) can work well for controlling weight.
Besides these yoga postures, the practice of pranayamas (breathing techniques) such asKapal Bhati (skull shining breathing technique), Nadi Shodhan (alternate nostril breathing),Bhastrika and Ujjayi breathing work well in reducing hypothyroidism symptoms.Share on Facebook