1. Lying on your back, bring your arms out to the sides with the palms facing down in a T position. Bend the knees in towards your chest and exhale both knees to the left side of your body.
2. Hold onto the right foot with your left hand as you straighten the right leg out to the side. Turn and look at the right finger tips.
3. Keep the shoulders flat to the floor, gently kick out through the heel to straighten the leg, reach the arms away from each other, close the eyes, and relax into the posture.
4. Breathe and hold for 6-10 breaths.
5. To release: let go of the foot, bend the knees and inhale the hips back to the floor.
6. Repeat on other side.
BENEFITS + CONTRAINDICATIONS
Benefits: Belly Twist (B) pose stretches the back and leg muscles, realigns and lengthens the spine, and hydrates the spinal disks.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the knees, hips or back.Share on Facebook