1. From a seated position on the heels, walk the feet out so that the buttocks can rest on the floor with the heels next to the hips.
2. Slowly and carefully walk the hands behind you, lowering the back towards the floor.
3. Come as low to the floor as comfortable, first lowering to the elbows, then to the crown of the head, and eventually on to the back of the neck.
4. Rest the hands along side the body, with the hands resting on the feet or upper thighs.
5. Breathe and hold for 4-8 breaths.
6. To release: hold on to the ankles or feet and press into the elbows using the arms to lift the head and torso back off the floor. Walk the hands back to the hips, coming back to a seated position.
BENEFITS + CONTRAINDICATIONS
Benefits: Supine diamond provides a powerful stretch to the front of the thighs and increases flexibility in the knees, hips and spine.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic knee injury or inflammation.Share on Facebook