1. Lying on your back, inhale both knees into your chest. Wrap the arms around the knees, holding on to opposite elbows, forearms, wrists or fingers.
2. Tuck the chin into the chest with the head on the floor. Press the sacrum and tailbone down into the floor as you pull the knees into the chest using the arms.
3. Press the shoulders and the back of the neck down into the floor, trying to get the back and whole spine flat to the floor. Relax the legs, feet and hips.
4. Breathe and hold for 4-8 breaths, breathing deeply into the belly, actively pressing it against the thighs on the inhalation.
5. To release: exhale and release the arms and legs to the floor.
BENEFITS + CONTRAINDICATIONS
Benefits: Wind relieving posture improves digestion and elimination as well as stretching the low back and lengthening the spine.
Contraindications: Recent abdominal surgery, hernia.Share on Facebook